Sales Representative - Key Accounts (Nigeria)
Sales Representative – Key Accounts
Product portdolio in Cardiology (Cath Lab), Surgical, Radiology Diagnostic and Interventional.
Preferably a medical background with theatre experience and relationships in the area.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Provides high-level support and training associated with key accounts. Presents and sells The Company’s products to new and existing accounts and follows up with these customers to confirm that products delivered meet their needs. Makes in-service presentations to clinicians, explaining new products and their use. Maintains close relationships with clients to ensure that their needs are understood and met. Coordinates with The Company’s marketing and sales staff to ensure that products are delivered on time, to stay informed about new products, and to provide customer feedback about product innovation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
1. Provides high level, personal support to large and/or complex accounts.
2. Actively researches and develops unique or complex business opportunities; works with customers to develop cost effective solutions to meet their needs to promote customer loyalty.
3. Acts as an expert resource regarding The Company’s products, particularly integrating new products – this includes assisting with training, coaching and/or mentoring other Sales Representatives.
4. Shares local market knowledge and competitive information with Sales leadership/teams.
5. Establishes and maintains close relationships with key opinion leaders.
6. Maximizes growth opportunities within tier one accounts.
7. Assists with ongoing development of team, culture, and new performance level expectations.
8. Establishes and maintains close relationships with new clients and existing accounts by:
a. Meeting regularly with clients and accounts to present and demonstrate The Company’s products and to explain their benefits.
b. Identifying potential customers and introducing them to the products offered by The Company.
c. Maintaining contacts with clients to monitor their satisfaction with products.
d. Identifying opportunities to improve customer satisfaction with products.
e. Preparing customized drawings for clients needing custom kits or manifolds.
f. Preparing and submitting pricing contracts to clients for products.
g. Following up with clients to identify opportunities to increase sales volume and profitability.
h. Resolving problems with clients regarding manufacturing or delivery problems, if they occur.
9. Coordinates with other The Company’s marketing and sales staff to ensure that the right products are shipped to customers on a timely basis and in the amount required, to stay informed about new products provided by The Company’s, and to provide feedback from customers about product needs and possible innovations.
10. Makes decisions within approved authorization limits regarding product pricing to optimize sales volume and profitability.
11. Prepares reports summarizing sales results achieved, contacts made, needs for change in products and suggestions for improvement in The Company’s procedures.
12. Participates in a variety of sales training and planning meetings to learn about new products and marketing promotions, and to share information about sales goals.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
• Lifting – Not to exceed 50 lbs. – local practice may apply.
• Color perception
• Depth perception
• Field of vision/peripheral
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
• Education and/or experience equivalent to a related Bachelor’s Degree.
• A minimum of five years of direct sales experience, preferably in selling medical products.
• Ability to communicate effectively with and to understand the needs of others in a sales relationship.
• A high degree of personal motivation and drive to achieve personal and professional goals.
• Excellent oral presentation skills and the ability to think quickly to apply facts in analyzing a problem and explaining that answer to a group of medical technicians and clinicians.
• Ability to learn the usage of medical equipment and to identify and explain possible improvements in usage.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member to achieve organization goals.
• Ability to utilize business mathematics to figure percentages, prepare financial and sales information.
• A high degree of personal organization skills, including the ability to record and report information and to document work performed.
• Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
• Ability to travel extensively and work long hours to achieve goals, as required.
• Excellent driving record with no driving accidents in the past three years or no more than one driving ticket in the last three years.
· Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
• New client establishment/existing account maintenance
• Product demonstration
• Customer service
• Customized drawing preparation
• Pricing contract preparation/submittal
• Problem solving
• Product pricing decision making
• Sales reports ELECTRONICALLY GENERATED FROM L:/DOC
• Product knowledge
• Goal setting/achievement