- Job Title National Industrial Manager - Operations
The National Industrial Manager will be accountable for the safe and reliable running of all Homecare operations in South Africa. Through a strong and engaging leadership over his/her team, he/she will be committed to increasing the satisfaction of our patients and doctors through improved reliability and innovation brought to the South African Homecare Operations. The incumbent ability to motivate, engage and lead the performance of the team will be the key to becoming a stronger actor in the market, well recognised by external stakeholders, especially Hospitals, Medical Aids, National Treasury and Departments of Health. He/She will ensure alignment with the Be Act Engage program to leverage HR performance and improve the satisfaction of patients and healthcare professionals and that HR policies are adhered to in the operations department.
● Responsible for major processes of logistics, supply chain (Asset Management, Maintenance Management, Cleaning, Disinfection and Inventory Management). Responsible for ensuring that all The company operations are running efficiently, reliably and safely by developing and implementing appropriate processes and procedures. Work closely with the Management Committee to ensure business requirements are met.
● Monitors efficiency of distribution and service supply in Home Healthcare business. Suggest and implement strategies to improve efficiency, safety and reliability of distribution operations (new processes, new tools) and service provision to customers. Identify improved methods, systems, technologies, etc. to maximise efficiencies and customer satisfaction
● More specifically support Sales growth by working closely and proactively with the commercial teams. Coordinate and facilitate a program of ‘continuous improvement’ through the implementation of effective KPIs and other projects and responsibilities as delegated by the Managing Director.
● Ensure that corporate policies as well as safety and service standards are maintained in all The company operations and responsible for ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations and policies within the area of responsibilities. Ensure effective inventory management and purchasing control systems are in place. Promote a safety culture within the company and with contractors ensuring that facilities are in compliance with applicable regulatory, subsidiary and group HSE requirements
● Manage the implementation and alignment of contractual, regulatory, and company policies, systems, processes and objectives and ensure that the field teams can effectively deliver a high quality service to patients, thanks to the adequate service functions organised transversally, such as planification, asset management, training. Operate in accordance with, and comply with, the AL Group’s Industrial Management system located under the Health, Safety, Environment and Industrial Management Systems section of the Bluebook.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
● Bachelor’s Degree/BSC Business Management or Engineering
● 8-10 years experience in Logistics Management or Industrial Operations
● People Management
Knowledge and Know-how specific to the job
● Knowledge of inventory and asset management processes
● Knowledge of the Labour Relations Act of South Africa
● knowledge of preventive and corrective maintenance methodologies and develop global maintenance strategies
● Knowledge of auditing and project management
● Knowledge of total company picture and aspirations with the ability to implement
● Knowledge of risk assessment and root cause methodologies (or equivalent) to identify and address concerns in operational processes
● Knowledge of mandatory regulatory requirements, codes and standards governing the healthcare industry as well as general industrial operations including OHS&E
● Analyse and interpret standards, financial reports and legal or regulatory changes
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of clients customers and staff
● Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions