Medical Advisor - Pharmaceutical
The Medical Advisor is a therapy area/product medical expert, and serves to advance the medical and scientific objectives of the company. The Medical Advisor is responsible for developing and implementing local TA/product medical affairs strategies and planning and executing medical affairs activities: e.g. event preparation, material generation and review; training; expert insights. The Medical Advisor is responsible for external expert outreach and scientific dialogue, and partnering cross functionally internally to support organisational objectives from a Medical perspective, while operating effectively within an increasingly compliance-driven environment.
1. Scientific dialogue and exchange with prioritized stakeholders
2. Tailor medical materials provided from Global for stakeholder engagement and events to local needs
3. Plan, coordinate and oversee local advisory boards
4. Prepare tactical MA plans in alignment with global and local MA strategy
5. Execute selected modules for on-going training of medical and non-medical personnel
6. Provide input to design of local POP programs
7. Provide local medical input into core value dossiers
8. Provide medical input for safety label updates, local registration dossiers, risk minimization plans, PV- related activities
9. Medical insights to cross functional groups – PV, regulatory, market access, QA, etc.
10. Tailor content for medical materials provided by Globa
l11. Review and approve copies and locally developed promotional materials
12. Insights into/preparation of SP3 requests associated with local Medical activities
13. Answer standard medical inquiries
Advanced degree (eg PharmD., MBChB, PhD) in a relevant scientific discipline is preferred but an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline and demonstrated experience will be considered.
Fluent in English, both written and spoken
Experience in developing and maintaining expert knowledge for the assigned therapeutic area, and in medical research in general
A minimum of 2-3 years working in a clinical or pharmaceutical environment
Solid knowledge of the pharmaceutical environment and the role of Medical Affairs to advance the medical and scientific objectives of a pharmaceutical company.
Demonstrated expertise in the scientific methods applied to clinical research and current legislative/regulatory controls applicable to this research.
Ability to comprehensively learn about new subject areas and environments.
Excellent written and spoken communication and presentation skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong collaborative relationships with external experts, physicians and other healthcare decision makers.